Transferring from another school district

Students entering the Clinton City School system should register at the Central Office as soon as possible.

Documents parents should bring for registration:

  • Proof of birth

  • Social Security card (if available)

  • Tennessee Department of Health Certificate of Immunization* 

  • Proof of residence ** 

  • Current proof of custody of the child if parents are divorced, separated, or unmarried.

  • The child’s last report card from their previous school (used for placement purposes

*For students entering from out of state, parents must take their child's immunization records to the Anderson County Health Department, 710 North Main Street, Clinton, TN or contact a local physician to have the immunization record transferred to the Tennessee Certificate of Immunization.

** Proof of residence is a current utility bill - electric, gas, or water - with the parent's name and address printed on it. If parents have not been living at the residence long enough to have a utility bill, a lease on a house or apartment will be accepted, or you can get a statement from the utility company showing you have started service at the specific address. 

Only a custodial parent or legal guardian may register the child. The custodial parent or legal guardian must show proof of guardianship by presenting a copy of custody papers or court order.